I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Harriet Miers

Jazz has done a good job of posting on the Harriet Miers nomination and I have for the most part been silent. Jazz's posts can be found here. I have two thoughts.

  • If Bush likes her she is probably bad news.

  • I see nothing in her resume that would qualify her for a seat on the nations highest court.

Reddhed, firedoglake's resident attorney , says it well:
This is an astonishingly spare choice, with little to no intellectual weight to bring to the table in terms of appellate experience, legal scholarship, or otherwise,...
Joe Gandelman brings us this interesing theory from Dave Pell:
To coin a phrase: It’s the campaign, Stupid.

I’ve never bought the idea that Bush, well educated and a son of power and privilege, ever really bought the message he pitched to the base. Think Cheney and Bush are really anti-gay? Think Yale’s Bush is really against the evil academic elite?

It’s an act.

And this week, W was faced with a decision: Keep going down this path or be more like the person he probably really is and those who he is actually surrounded by.

My take is that W stopped running for office today.
Of course there is a problem with this, it requires us to believe that the perennial adolescent that occupies the White House is actually calling the shots. Believe me, the evil puppet masters pulling the strings have not given up trying to transform Jefferson's America into Mussolini's America.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice