Some of the subjects covered:
- The American revolution was far from inevitable.
- Men like Samuel Adams were major players and drivers in the revolution although today Sam Adams is little more than a footnote and a beer and many others not even that.
- The importance of the behind the scenes activity of John Adams and his ideological conflicts with Thomas Jefferson.
- The US was not created as a Christian nation and that many of the founders were not Christian and in the case of Jefferson and others hostile towards Christianity.
- The Boson Tea Party was really a protest against corporate power not taxes.