I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Good for him - shame on her

Obama has discovered that the cynical Clinton campaign is just as capable of using Rovian slash and burn politics as the Republicans and he's fighting back. His only regret:
"Now, I am the first to admit that some of the words I chose, I chose badly," he said, "So I’m not a perfect man and the words I chose, I chose badly. They were subject to misinterpretation, they were subject to be twisted and I regret that.
But he stands by what he said:
"And what really burns me up is when people suggest that me saying that folks are mad, they are angry, they are bitter after 25, 30 years of seeing jobs shipped out, pensions not fulfilled, healthcare lost, the notion that people are surprised and are suggesting that I'm out of touch because I spoke honestly about people's frustrations, that tells me there's some politics going on," he said.
And he took a major swipe at Hillary's great adventures in hunting which were not unlike her adventures in Bosnia:
Obama said he was disappointed with her for her response and then launched into a new criticism of Clinton over her recent admission of being a hunter, and compared her sarcastically to Annie Oakley.

"She’s running around talking about how this is an insult to sportsmen, how she values the Second Amendment, she's talking like she's Annie Oakley! Hillary Clinton's out there like she's on the duck blind every Sunday, she's packin' a six shooter! C'mon! She knows better. That's some politics being played by Hillary Clinton. I want to see that picture of her out there in the duck blinds."
Now I'm a late victim of the Hillary derangement syndrome but I have to tell my friends Jazz and Chuck - you were right, I was wrong. I was continued to defend her will into January and even when I switched sides I said I would vote for her in November. Now I'm not so sure. Her sell centered cynicism and her adoption of Rove style politics has lead me to think that she is as much a part of the problem as John McCain. I have always had a problem with her DLC corporate connections.
And of course there are her neocon leanings that Justin Raimondo discussed in a cover story for American Conservative magazine. But until recently she still looked better than John McCain. I must admit that I am no longer so sure. Andrew Sullivan thinks that the Hillary campaign may have gone too far and that it will end up hurting her. He has some comments to prove it. Obama had been closing in on Clinton is PA - we will have to see what the racking polls have to say this week. While I never mark the box next to John McCain's name at this moment I'm not sure I would be able to mark the box next to Hillary Clinton's either.

Update
John Cole wonders......
Billy Kristol assures us that Obama is a Marxist in the NY Times in yet another embarrassing editorial, and my question for you is:

Who will be the first Hillary supporter to link this as a serious reason that Obama should not win the nomination?