I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

2008 Predictions

Well there is nothing really new. After a few embarrassing unscripted sessions Bush has returned to the scripted questions from a screened audience. Iraq continues to descend into chaos. So rather than comment on old news I'm going to go our on a limb and make some 2008 predictions. First a disclaimer; any of you who have read this blog for the last two years know my predictions are nearly always wrong but like George W Bush I refuse to give up.

A majority of the punditry now has 2008 a race between Hillary Clinton (retching sounds in background) and John McCain (retching sounds in background). I think they are wrong about McCain and pray they are wrong about Hillary. I'm not going to predict any individuals but i will predict that the election will be decided by at least two strong third party candidates. I'm not saying one of them will win but they will decide the election. Of course it won't be the first time, Ross Perot's race gave Bill Clinton the win in 92 and Ralph Nader gave the election to George W. Bush in 2000.

This time it will be different there will be two strong third party candidates, one on the left and one on the right. If Hillary gets the nomination there will be a large chunk of the Democratic base will be looking for an alternative. It really doesn't matter who gets the Republican nomination. The party has reached the point where the party itself is polarized and a large portion will not support the nominee regardless of who it is. The 2008 election will be like none we have ever seen.

Feel free to bookmark this post so you can ask me if I want ketchup on my crow in 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice