I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Hello Hogblog

While scanning Technorati recently to check on new fools seeking misinformation wise folks seeking enlightenment I found that something called hogblog had linked to Middle Earth Journal. Upon visiting the site I found the blogroll only contained 4 links one of which was MEJ. How strange I thought and decided to look around. Hogblog is one of a number of related sites including one for the band Slaphog. You can find information on their CD's and they have the lyrics to many of their songs here, certainly worth checking out. I returned to Hogblog seeking additional wisdom and found the following posts:

And last but not least this piece that would be worthy of Fafblog;

People Love them some Jesus
The other day I was in the local religious bookstore, where I saw a “HONK IF YOU LOVE JESUS” bumper sticker. I bought it and put it on the back bumper of my car, and I’m really glad I did. What an uplifting experience followed. I was stopped at the light at a busy intersection, just lost in thought about the Lord, and didn’t notice that the light had changed. That bumper sticker really worked. I found lots of people who loved Jesus. Why, the guy behind me started to honk like crazy. He must REALLY love the Lord, because pretty soon, he leaned out of his window and yelled: “Jesus Christ!” as loud as he could. It was like a football game with him shouting, “GO! JESUS CHRIST! GO!!!” Everyone else started honking too, so I leaned out of my window and waved and smiled to all those loving people. There must have been a guy from Florida back there, because I could hear him yelling something about a sunny beach, and saw him waving in a funny way with only his middle finger stuck up in the air. I asked my two kids what that meant. They kind of squirmed and giggled and told me that it was a Hawaiian good luck sign. So, I leaned out the window and gave him the good luck sign back. A couple of people were so caught up in the joy of the moment that they got out of their cars and started walking toward me. I bet they wanted to pray, but just then I noticed the light had changed and I stepped on the gas. It was a good thing I did because I was the onloy driver to get across the intersection. I looked back at all of them standing there. Then I leaned way out the window, gave them a big smile and held up the Hawaiian good luck sign as I drove away. Praise the Lord for such wonderful folks.

-eli

I will be adding hogblog to the Left Coast Blogs section of my blogroll. Check it out from time to time and follow some of the other links.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice