I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Monday, August 01, 2005

More thoughts on Bolton

My current thinking on Bolton's recess appointment is "So What". Really, Bolton's appointment is not going to impact world opinion when it comes to the US, after all it can't get any lower and it's not going to get better as long as chimpy and the imperialist neocons are in power. Bolton can't single handedly destroy the United Nations, yes I know, he would like to but he can't. As I said below no one has listened to his insane rantings for years and a new title isn't going to change that.

And there is a plus side; Bush will be hurt politically. I suspect that Roberts will still take his place on the Supreme Court but his confirmation won't be pretty. Bush's relationship with the Republicans in the Senate was already heading south and this will simply speedup the desertion.

I have more on Bolton over at Running Scared

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice