I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Friday, May 28, 2004

Memorial Day

This Memorial Day I will remember many but especially my Dad. He died 2 years ago a few months short of his 87th birthday. He was a veteran and yes a hero of WWII. He spent 3 years in India and Burma going behind the Japanese lines to repair and fly our downed planes receiving a Bronze Star for his efforts. He always treated people fairly. That I imagine is why he did well in life but never got rich. He opposed the Viet Nam War long before it became popular to do so and I’m sure he would have opposed the War in Iraq had he been alive. He was a good man and as I look around I don’t see too many of those around these days. I remember my dad and I smile.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:07 AM

    What a lovely tribute to your Dad! Thanks for posting it.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete

Be Nice