I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Myth of unification and electability

I'm not a fan of Hillary Clinton but I endorsed her a few months back - and yes, I had to hold my nose. Writing at Newshoggers my friend Libby is afraid that Hillary can't unify the country and I agree. But I really don't think that any one person can. My comment to Libby's post:
I think at this point the entire "unite the country" meme is absurd. After 8 years of Bush/Cheney the country is so polarized that no one will be able to unite it in the foreseeable future. The way the country will be united is with policy that helps the majority.
A progressive congress and a Hillary Clinton can do that. As Jazz pointed out the other day the electability issue is a none issue when you look at her running against Rudy. As I pointed out here Hillary has one plus - she is a fighter and up to taking on the GOP slime machine. And Hillary has another plus:
The right has been digging up dirt on Hillary for 16 years - there is very little they can say that most people don't know already. The same can't be said for Rudy or Mitt. Rudy has so many skeletons in his closet that the US voter doesn't know about that Bill Clinton and James Carville will have plenty of ammunition.
The path to unifying this country may well be a divisive character like Hillary Clinton.

More important I think she is the candidate who is most likely to keep Rudy Mussolini Giuliani out of the White House.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice