I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Advice for Obama

My advice for Obama - forget it! I have been hoping that an alternative to Hillary would materialize but I've pretty well given up. A lot of people are giving Obama advice today. Sully probably has the best advice:
But what he should really be doing is attacking Giuliani. The major worry many Democrats have is that Obama cannot stand up to Rudy-style "all-my-opponents-are-terrorists" politics. Give Rudy hell, tonight, Obama. That's what you really have to prove.
The DC punditry in the form of Howard Fineman have advice - most of it bad or too little too late. One bit of that advice is to go after her polarizing qualities that make her unelectable. The problem with that is that as, Jazz pointed out this morning, is simply not true. As I pointed out here Hillary is a fighter and has a lot of practice taking on the Republican slime machine. I can't say the same about Obama. Kevin Drum agrees:
Worse than that, in fact: it leaves me terrified that he just doesn't know what he's up against with the modern Republican Party and won't have the instinct to go for the jugular when the inevitable Swift Boating commences. (Needless to say, I have no such doubts about Hillary.)
Most important I think Obama has made two serious mistakes the last few days which shows me he's not ready for prime time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice