I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

McCain VS Hillary.....Ugh!

I thought about leaving the country when Bush was elected. Well if the 2008 comes down to a choice between John McCain and Hillary Clinton I'm outa here. My latest Hillary rant can be found here. Now it's time for some equal time for John (who needs principles) McCain. He is either an unprincipled idiot or an unprincipled liar or both. He could have acquired either affliction while sticking his nose up the Bush administrations rear end. We have this little gem from a Seattle call in radio talk show.
CALLER: Thanks, I had a question for the senator. For a reformer, I'm kind of curious why he would hire a guy like Terry Nelson as a senior advisor.
Here's a guy who was actually in the indictment of DeLay on his money laundering charges. When he was at the RNC, he agreed to take the corporate contributions from DeLay's PAC and then recycle them back into the Republican congressional races.

And he was also, this guy Nelson was also the supervisor of James Tobin, who was the guy convicted last year for helping jam the Democratic get-out-the-vote lines in New England a couple years ago.

So I'm curious why would you hire someone with such a shady background?

MCCAIN: None of those charges are true.

CALLER: You don't believe what was actually written in the indictment from Texas?

MCCAIN: No.

CARLSON: All right.

[nervous laughter]

MCCAIN: I will check it out. But I've never heard of such a thing. I know that he was a grassroots organizer for President Bush year 2000 and 2004, and had a very important job in the Bush campaign as late as 2004, but the other charges I will go and look and see if any of them are true, but I've never heard of them before.
So John, you hired one of the sleaziest guys in Republican political circles and you didn't know it? Which is it liar, idiot or both?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice