I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Hillary Clinton....yes I'm a political slut!

As you all know I can't stand Hillary Clinton, I won't vote for her in 2008, the DLC and the Hillary Clinton's are the reason I refuse to register as a Democrat. Well now she's outdone herself, doing exactly what we have been critical of the Republicans for doing; hauling the Bible into politics.
Mrs. Clinton Says G.O.P.'s Immigration Plan Is at Odds With the Bible
Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton invoked the Bible yesterday to criticize a stringent border security measure that, among other things, would make it a federal crime to offer aid to illegal immigrants.

"It is hard to believe that a Republican leadership that is constantly talking about values and about faith would put forth such a mean-spirited piece of legislation," she said of the measure, which was passed by the House of Representatives in December and mirrored a companion Senate bill introduced last week by Senator Bill Frist, a Tennessee Republican and the majority leader.

"It is certainly not in keeping with my understanding of the Scripture because this bill would literally criminalize the Good Samaritan and probably even Jesus himself," she said. "We need to sound the alarm about what is being done in the Congress."
From my study of the teachings and philosophy of Jesus I think she's right but keep the Bible out of politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice