I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Friday, October 05, 2012

The Lunatics Really Have Taken Over The Asylum

We all know what a lunatic Tod Akin (R-MO) is and he's on the House Science Committee.  Well here is another Republican on that Committee, Paul Broun (R-GA).

And guess what this guy is a physician with an M.D. and a bachelors in chemistry.  Let's take a closer look at what Broun said.

“All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and the Big Bang Theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of Hell,” Broun said. “And it’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who were taught that from understanding that they need a savior.”
According to Broun, the scientific plot was primarily concerned with hiding the true age of the Earth.

 Now this guy should no be able to practice medicine.  And there is more:

“You see, there are a lot of scientific data that I’ve found out as a scientist that actually show that this is really a young Earth,” he said. “I don’t believe that the Earth’s but about 9,000 years old. I believe it was created in six days as we know them. That’s what the Bible says.”
 He must have visited the Creationist Museum.

This is today's Republican Party.
via TPM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice