I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

For Once

For once I hope my friend Capt Ed gets what he wants. He has just endorsed Mitt Romney and will caucus for him Minnesota. Mitt may well be the least electable Republican front runner, certainly John McCain is a greater threat. A Romney nomination would make me a lot more comfortable with an Obama nomination. Even many Republicans are not sure exactly what they are going to get with Romney. The guy has a history of saying whatever he needs to say to get elected. In the primaries he is saying what the conservatives want him to say. In an attempt to win the general election he will make a few more 180s and once again have the conservatives down on him and the Indpendents will probably not buy it.