I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Imagine if Laura had stayed at home

Politics can be a rough and tumble, sometimes heartbreaking affair, as any who enter the fray must surely know. But I imagine this really had to hurt.
WINCHESTER, Ind. -- Bill Monroe lost by one vote in his bid to return to the Winchester City Council. And here's the clincher to the squeaker of a race:

His wife didn't vote.

The voyeur in me immediately wanted to be a fly on the wall for the conversation between these two. Fortunately for us, the candidate goes ahead and recalls it.

Kathie: "Bill, you lost."
Bill: "Well, how much did I lose by?"
Kathie: "One."
Bill: "Get out of here."
Kathie: "And I didn't vote."
He recalled, "She was embarrassed by it at first. 'Oh my God, look what I've done.'"

They might want to consider just splitting up right now. I can already imagine the conversations five or even ten years from now.

Kathie: Bill, you forgot to take out the trash this morning.

Bill: Oh? Did I? Did I forget something? Oh my, I hope it wasn't something important.

Kathie: (sighing) Never mind. I'll get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice