I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Friday, December 29, 2006

The death of an evil man

I haven't commented on the eminent death of Saddam Hussein. He was an evil man, there is no question about that but like conservative John Cole I oppose the death penalty and don't think that things will get any better in Iraq when Saddam is killed. If it's revenge you are after then the death penalty is for you. Just don't call it justice, it's not. Don't tell me it's a deterrent, it's not. It's revenge pure and simple and Islam like the rest of the Abrahamic religions is all about revenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice