I see number one to be unlikely and Peter's progressive credentials are solid making number 3 unlikely as well. That leaves number two - a short marriage.
- Hillary will actually listen to what Peter has to say and adjust her views and actions.
- They will not be able to see eye to eye and Peter will be ignored and then will eventually leave the job.
- Peter will become an apologist for Hillary's current stances on things like Iraq, which are hideous and morally repugnant.
So what next? I see two possibilities.
- The DLC neocons will succeed in controlling the Democratic Party and many if not most of the lefty-McGovernite netroots crowd will not support the Party while some of the non-theocratic corporate neocons in the Republican Party will migrate to the Democratic Party.
- The netroots will gain control of the Democratic Party and a third party will form consisting of the DLC corporate neocons and non theocratic Republicans.