I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Those brave membes of the 101st Fighting Keyboarders ride again

We haven't paid him a visit in a while, so I thought we would take time today to stop by our old friend Digby's place and see what he's up to. As usual, he's in fine form talking about the new, official uniforms for the 101st Fighting Keyboarders. (You remember them.... "we support the war! Umm... as long as somebody else fights it.)
They are big on gun stuff and death and violence but I just can't help but notice that with only a few exceptions, these t-shirts aren't about killing terrorists or fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them over here.
He then goes on to list all of the "humor" on display with the t-shirts targeted towards conservatives, which is uniformly built on violence, bigotry and a general sense of regressive evil.
I have said before that while the left has plenty of people who cannot be called angels, it's the right that makes a profit at this violent, eliminationist discourse. As long as they are selling this shit on their sites I can see no reason why we should listen to their whining about leftist incivility.
I know he's probably preaching to the choir here, but I must say a hearty Amen to Brother Digby. Go check out the entire report. It's amusing and nauseating all in one fell swoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice