I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Land of Sky Blue Waters

Nothing in the news today seemed to inspire a rant so I thought I would share a picture. It's not one that I did but one that has been an important part of my life. When I was young, nearly 50 years ago, I used to go spend a week or two with my grandmother in Tillamook, Oregon. Hanging over my bed was the picture you see on the left. I would go to bed and stare at it every night. It seemed to draw me in. When my grandmother passed away 30 years ago all I wanted was that picture which I took home and hung above my bed. It still hangs there and it still draws me in every night. I really don't know anything about the picture except that the artist is Zula Kenyon (1873-1947). She created over 250 prints for calenders, most before 1920.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice