I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

You just can't make this stuff up

Is everyone sitting down? All comfortable? Ok, if you're holding your coffee, or any other beverage, I'd like you to set it down slowly. Also, should you be holding any fragile items, please set them aside also. Ok.... now calm yourself.

Ready?

Two people have been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

(Don't say I didn't warn you.)

WASHINGTON, Feb. 7 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Two Americans who played a major role in exposing Iran's secret nuclear weapons plans have been nominated for the 2006 Nobel Peace Prize.

United Nations Ambassador John Bolton and longtime Iran investigator Kenneth R. Timmerman were nominated for their repeated warnings and documentation of Iran's secret nuclear buildup and revealing Iran's "repeated lying" and false reports to the International Atomic Energy Agency.

That's right. It's not a typo. Assuming this isn't a complete fabrication by the somewhat dubious "US Newswire" source, John "Shaggy DA" Bolton - a man who has instigated for war more than anyone I can think of below Rumsfeld's level - has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

I .... I ..... What the hell else can you possibly say about this story? Who were the runners-up who didn't get the nomination? Cheney and Wolfowitz? Maybe bin Laden?

I'll be back to post more after I lie down for a bit. I think I've injured my head banging it on my keyboard again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice