I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

NSA Spying...a last word for now

Is the NSA spying on US citizens legal? I don't know. I do know that a most of the people I normally agree with say it's not. I know a few with whom I normally disagree, Bob Barr, say it's not. I know that if it is legal it shouldn't be, too much power in the hands of a politician is more dangerous for a democracy than al-Queda ever could be. I know that a majority of the people who say it is legal are Bush cultists he think he can do no wrong. That's what I know. So I was ready to take this advice from someone I normally wouldn't agree with.
Some Questions and Suggestions re NSAgate
Matt Rustler has some advice for both the right and the left; check it out.

Note
Jazz has a couple of related posts over at Running Scared, here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice