I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Monday, December 12, 2005

End of the line for Tookie

Governor denies clemency for ex-gang leader
Now I oppose the death penalty but I must admit that most of my reasons for opposing it really don't apply to Tookie Williams. There is no doubt that over 20 years ago he was a cold blooded killer. One of the flaws of the death penalty is that Mr Williams had over 20 years to turn over a new leaf. Unless you are opposed to the death penalty period you can't think that clemency for Mr Williams is appropriate. Those celebrities who have been speaking up for Tookie should instead be protesting the travesty of justice that has left Cory Maye sitting on death row in Mississippi.

Update
Well, it's a done deal. While I oppose the death penalty I can't honestly say that i shed any tears for Tookie. One hell of a poor poster child for the anti-death penalty folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice