I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Monday, October 24, 2005

It's all about Cheney, I told you edition!

Cheney Told Aide of C.I.A. Officer, Lawyers Report
So Libby's source was Cheney and Cheney's Source was George J. Tenet.
Mr. Libby's notes indicate that Mr. Cheney had gotten his information about Ms. Wilson from George J. Tenet, the director of central intelligence, in response to questions from the vice president about Mr. Wilson. But they contain no suggestion that either Mr. Cheney or Mr. Libby knew at the time of Ms. Wilson's undercover status or that her identity was classified. Disclosing a covert agent's identity can be a crime, but only if the person who discloses it knows the agent's undercover status.
Now my question is: how likely is it that Tenet told Cheney about Wilson's wife without telling him she was a NOC? Also keep in mind that Tenet was the one who requested the investigation of Plame's outing. What if anything does this tell us? I don't know, do you have any ideas?

Also see
It's all about Cheney
Newsweek agrees, It's all about Cheney
Andrew Sullivan agrees, It's all about Cheney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice