I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Prepare to be frightened

Courtesy of TalkLeft, a story which is probably too disturbing for some.

Unless you washed your eyes out with acid afterward (which I was certainly tempted to do) you probably recall the recent story of Joseph Edward Duncan, the convicted child rapist who was released from prison, was arrested for molesting another child, released on bail, and then kidnapped a brother and sister for six weeks before he was caught at a store with the young girl. The brother is missing and presumed dead.

Well Mr. Duncan was a blogger. His blog, The Fifth Nail, was online and active right up until three days before the two children disappeared. This appears to be one of those cases of, "If we'd only known." Reading this monster's blog entries leaves little doubt about the twisted, shattered mind of this maniac. Some selections from his final entry:

As far as "taking people with me" well, I don't know if that is right or wrong. In fact, I don't know much any more what right and wrong even is. My view is either everything is right (in some regard) or everything is wrong (in some other regard). The question (one I am struggling with at this point) is, "Does it matter?"

A hundred years from now, all my mothers pain will be forgotten, and other mothers will cry for there sons. A million years from now there probably won't be any mothers (at least not like we know).

I wish I could be more honest about my feelings, but those demons made sure I'd never be able to do that. I might not know if it matters, but just in case, I am working on an encrypted journal that is hundreds of times more frank than this blog could ever be (that's why I keep it encrypted). I figure in 30 years or more we will have the technology to easily crack the encryption (currently very un-crackable, PGP) and then the world will know who I really was, and what I really did, and what I really thought. Also, maybe then they will understand that despite my actions, I'm not a bad person, I just have a disease contracted from society, and it hurts a lot.

I hope to complete this journal before I die (soon) or turn myself in (I still might do that, I think it is the right thing, but of course, I'm not sure).

Speak of being sure; I wish I could be sure about my thoughts. But right now the only thing I'm sure about is that I'm sure about nothing. It is not a good position to be in considering my circumstances (being a felony fugitive and all).
This was one seriously deranged puppy. I hope that the police locate his "encrypted" journal because there will probably be something more damning than a confession in there.

Interestingly enough, he took the name for his blog from a really obscure gypsy myth. Some more information on "The Fifth Nail."
According to myth gypsies crafted five nails for Christ's execution not four. The fifth nail was meant to pierce his heart, but the gypsies hid the fifth nail from the roman soldiers. In some stories the gypsies were punished by God for prolonging Christ’s suffering, and in others they were rewarded for attempting to protect him. The fifth nail is said to have been a real religious artifact with miraculous powers. Its existence today is somewhat questionable, unless you consider the metaphor.
I really don't know what else to say about this lunatic. Pumping euthanasia chemicals into the veins is simply too good for some people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice