I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Maxfield Parish Influence

In the post below on Maxfield Parish I mentioned that I thought he had influenced my art even though I had largely forgotten about him over the years.
I went through some of my pictures looking for that influence. This is a highly photoshopped picture taken in Southern Bavaria. The original photo was taken during the day. The sunset sky was added and the hue of the original picture was altered.(click on pictures for larger image)

The original here was a black and white image with sky added and hue adjusted. A larger view will show the lights in the house.

In both cases these were exercises in light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice