I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Saturday, February 26, 2005

You need a marketable product

The Washington Post has an editorial today on the shutting down of the USIA, the State Department's equivalent of Madison Avenue. While I agree that dissolving the USIA was probably a bad idea I doubt that action is responsible for the world wide Anti-Americanism. The fact is the United States no longer has a "marketable product". The best ad agency is the world can't sell used motor oil as cooking oil. The world is a much more dangerous place as a result of the foreign policy mis-adventures of the neocon cult in charge. You have to have something to sell before a PR firm can do you any good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice