I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Smashing the middle

After reading this post by Joe Gandelman over at The Moderate Voice Yesterday I went ballistic. It was a post on a post by "Citizen Smash" at The Indepundit where he lumped all antiwar protestors in with a few left threaded wingnuts who's statements and actions no good person could endorse. I criticized Joe, not for publishing and linking to it, that's something Joe should do, but for endorsing Citizen Smash's false diatribe. My poor buddy, Jazz, became stuck in the middle and ended up taking the shrapnel from my adrenaline explosion. Over at Running Scared Jazz has a post this morning, a diary of his "day off", where he discusses this, Here we go: Smash, Jazz, Ron, Joe, lock stock and two smoking barrels .

My opinion remains the same. Although Joe didn't directly endorse the views of "Citizen Smash" he did so indirectly by giving a heartfelt endorsement of the individual. For this reason I remain disappointed.

Note
The linked posts are all long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice