I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Look out Bill, here comes Firefox

Sitemeter, the utility that let's me know how many people are reading the "wisdom" on this page,(OK, you can quit laughing now) also gives me a breakdown of the web browsers they are using to get here. A couple of short months ago Microsoft Internet Explorer was running about 70%. Today's breakdown is as follows:

  • Internet Explorer....52%

  • Firefox..............21%

  • Mozilla...............3%

  • Netscape.............10%

  • Opera.................5%

  • Safari(MAC)...........9%

The only real change is change is a IE drop of 20%, all of which was picked up by Firefox.

Note
I have been using both IE and Firefox. This morning I downloaded Netscape 7.2. I guess all the creative folks left Netscape after AOL took them over because the latest version is Mozilla with a different paint job. I did a test run this morning and found Netscape to be a little faster than Firefox and about the same as IE. Firefox seems to bog down when it has to load graphics, a problem I don't see in Mozilla, Netscape or IE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice