I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Saturday, December 29, 2012

WP -- Top Ten Political Quotes of 2012

H/T Katrina vandenHeuvel...
Love my Twitter feed.
Each one has the video record.
10. “By the end of my second term, we will have the first permanent base on the moon, and it will be American.” – Newt Gingrich
9. “I wish they weren’t called the ’Bush tax cuts.’ If they’re called some other body’s tax cuts, they’re probably less likely to be raised.” – George W. Bush
8. “(Florida Gov.) Rick Scott doesn’t seem to have any political skills at all. I’d give him a ‘B’ for governing. I’d give him an ‘A’ for strangeness.” – Former Florida GOP chairman Tom Slade
7. “Well, I think you hit a reset button for the fall campaign. Everything changes. It’s almost like an Etch A Sketch. You can kind of shake it up and restart all over again.” – Romney adviser Eric Fehrnstrom
6. “Rick, I’ll tell you what. Ten thousand bucks? Ten thousand dollar bet?” — Romney
5. “There are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that.” – Obama
4. “What do you want me to tell Romney? I can’t tell him to do that. I can’t tell him to do that to himself. You’re crazy. You’re absolutely crazy. You’re getting as bad as Biden.” – Clint Eastwood, talking to an empty chair at the GOP convention
3. “It seems to me, first of all, from what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare. If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.” – Rep. Todd Akin (R-Mo.)
2. “Osama bin Laden is dead, and General Motors is alive.” – Vice President Biden
1. “There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it.” – Romney


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice