I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
Well Newshoggers has closed it's doors so Middle Earth Journal is active once again.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Update

Me and Mom at Mt Hood
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  For me it will be like any other day - feeding my mother, who is in home hospice, applesauce with pills and Ensure.  I am thankful for this experience, the thought of mom dying in a nursing home is not a pleasant one.  I will have a caregiver here for five hours tomorrow to give me a little break and the next door neighbors are going to bring me a plate of turkey dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Very sad... It's the price many will be paying more and more in the future. I saw a report on TV saying up to 1 Billion people will suffer an end in dementia in the next 50 years.

    ReplyDelete

Be Nice