I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

No regulation without a loophole

I only wish I could say this story surprised me:

Homeowners across Canada are discovering cellphone towers popping up in residential neighbourhoods that slip just under height regulations that would require the company to notify those living nearby.

. . .

Under federal regulations, cellphone companies must notify the municipality for towers at least 15 metres high, but many new installations are coming up short of the limit, at just 14.9 metres. Homeowners say the rule undermines their ability to weigh in on installations in the community.

Not that I have any sympathy for the claims of health problems from low level radio frequencies, but I can’t help but be annoyed at the flagrant disregard for ordinary community residents this kind of action shows. No wonder nobody likes the telephone companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice