I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Wrong and Stupid

Hillary Clinton (and Bill) are making it increasingly difficult for me to defend them. Like dday posting over at digby's place I don't think there is anything unusual about the Clinton/Obama primary fighting but this is too much.
"I hear all the time from people in Florida and Michigan that they want their voices heard in selecting the Democratic nominee.

"I believe our nominee will need the enthusiastic support of Democrats in these states to win the general election, and so I will ask my Democratic convention delegates to support seating the delegations from Florida and Michigan. I know not all of my delegates will do so and I fully respect that decision. But I hope to be President of all 50 states and U.S. territories, and that we have all 50 states represented and counted at the Democratic convention.

"I hope my fellow potential nominees will join me in this.

"I will of course be following the no-campaigning pledge that I signed, and expect others will as well."
Of course Hillary has already won a majority of the Michigan delegates and will probably win a majority in Florida. Now I think the decision to not recognize the delegates from the two states was stupid and wrong but it was agreed to by all the candidates and one of them should not suggest a change now. It's wrong and it is stupid because it supplies their foes with ammunition.