I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Friday, January 04, 2008

Biting the hand that empowers you

The Republicans are in between a rock and a hard place. The Republicans came to power because of the social conservatives. They are now experiencing the blow back in the form of Mike Huckabee. To stop the Huckster they have to insult the very base that empowered them and that's just what they are doing. It started before Iowa with Rich Lowry's pathetic rants at the National Review, here and here. Well post Iowa it has gotten really nasty. For example Steven Green at the Vodka Pundit:
I’ll put this in language even your tiny little Iowa brains can understand: What the f*** is wrong with you people?

[....]

All my love, you corn-sucking idiots,
Even the normally rational Rick Moran got in on the action.
Does any of this matter to the superstitious nincompoops in other states who are salivating to vote for this guy?
I understand Rick's frustration as a fellow atheist but Rick my friend it's not my base - I don't need these "nincompoops" but your party does if it ever wants to win another election.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice