I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

What the Republican Party has become!

MEJ's own Jazz left the Republican Party shortly after the 2004 election. It took John Cole a few years longer but today he announced he's going to re-register as an Independent. Go read the entire post to find out what finally pushed him over the edge but here is a snip.
I simply can not believe this is what the Republican party has become. I just can’t. It just makes me sick to think all those years of supporting this party, and this is what it has become. Even if you don’t like the S-Chip expansion, it is hard to deny what Republicans are- a bunch of bitter, nasty, petty, snarling, sneering, vicious thugs, peering through people’s windows so they can make fun of their misfortune.

I’m registering Independent tomorrow.


Update
More good stuff from John Cole. He discusses Ezra Klein's piece and concludes with this.
I used to mock Dave Neiwert when he called these guys proto-fascists. Hell, I used to link half these folks, have them on my blogroll.

I was wrong. Dave was right. These people are authoritarian thugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice