I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Friday, June 08, 2007

Hillary the neocon

I have suggested that Hillary Clinton is a closet neocon. I think Matthew Yglesias is right on the money with this:
If you want to leverage the war's unpopularity against Romney, McCain, or Giuliani you really need to level that attack at the level of concepts in which the war is a big, honking strategic error. Politics aside, this is also consistent with Crowley's own observation that Clinton probably doesn't want to apologize for Iraq because she's not sorry; she's sorry it's turned out so poorly, but she thinks that's personally the fault of George W. Bush and his key aides (Cheney, Rumsfeld, Feith, Wolfowitz, Bremer, etc.) rather than the result of a major strategic error that she and I and John Edwards and many others also made.
That's right, not unlike Bill Kristol and the National Review crowd Hillary thinks the war was a good idea but that the Bush administration just botched it. Hillary, the goddess of war, won't get my vote. Why bother if we just elect another megalomaniac imperialist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice