I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Some Easter thoughts

It's Easter and a good time to celebrate the resurrection of life that is occurring all around me as represented by this western trillium. It is also a good time to look at the man the Christians claim to celebrate on this day. No I'm not a Christian but I do believe there was a Jesus, although that may or may not have been his name. He was a great teacher who's lessons are largely ignored by Christians today. No I don't believe that Jesus was divine or at least no more divine than you or I and he never claimed to be. That was magic created by Constantine and the Romans when the decided that Christianity would make a really good state religion. I guess they were right, it's worked for over 2,000 years.

Thomas Jefferson gave us many gifts and one of those was the Jefferson Bible or The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth. Jefferson takes the magic out but leaves the wisdom in the teachings of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice