I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Dinesh D’Souza asks an interesting question....

....and of course it's a foolish question from a foolish man.

As a left wing athiest I was trying to figure out how to respond to this pompous foolishness from Dinesh D’Souza,
Where Is Atheism When Bad Things Happen?.
Before I got around to it right wing athiest Rick Moran said it all for me.
AN ANSWER TO D’SOUZA’S “WHERE IS ATHEISM?” QUESTION
As an atheist myself, I find Mr. D’Souza’s question laughably simplistic and shockingly uninformed. I daresay that atheists are standing shoulder to shoulder with people of faith this day in condemning the tragedy as well as expressing sorrow and solidarity with the families of the victims. A belief in God is not a prerequisite to being a decent human being nor does empathy for your fellow man depend on having faith in a supernatural power greater than yourself. These things are independent of religion and have much more to do with one’s upbringing and society inculcating values and modes of acceptable behavior above and beyond that which one might learn through participation in organized religion.
There is more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice