I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Why you should vote for the Democrats

Conservative Republican John Cole is under attack by the the gang of those addicted to the Bush Kool-Aid because he is not drinking his Kool-Aid. Go read his entire post, Lies And Deceit, the Republican Diet but he concludes with the reason he will vote for the Democrats and everyone else should too.
I have made up my mind, and I am not playing the game anymore. We are in the mess we are in because of these bullshit games, and we need a real come to Jesus moment where some people figure that out. I harbor no illusion that the Democrats will solve all the countries problems- I fully expect them to infuriate me to no end. It took me a long, long time to get to this point, because I really dislike a lot of Democrats, and I really dislike a lot of their ideas. I have voted for the GOP my entire life (not exclusively), and it will be hard to not vote for som of them and I do think the Democrats will create a series of new and annoying problems once elect.

But really, the Republicans have set the bar pretty low, as the claim that the “Democrats are worse” falls on deaf ears when you are dealing with the worst group of liars I have ever seen in office. From where I sit, the Republicans have been wrong on about 90% of the issues since they were elected, whether it be the awful bankruptcy bill, the hideous prescription drug plan, the gay bashing, the stem cell lies, the Terri Schiavo nonsense- I could go on and on. From that standpoint, voting for a party that will probably be wrong 50% of the time seems like a helluva good deal.

Even if Michael Moore is fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice