I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Richard Cohen

You can agree with him or not but one thing you can't deny is that Richard Cohen has balls, or maybe he's just crazy.
The greatest mistake Israel could make at the moment is to forget that Israel itself is a mistake. It is an honest mistake, a well-intentioned mistake, a mistake for which no one is culpable, but the idea of creating a nation of European Jews in an area of Arab Muslims (and some Christians) has produced a century of warfare and terrorism of the sort we are seeing now. Israel fights Hezbollah in the north and Hamas in the south, but its most formidable enemy is history itself.
Now I normally don't agree with Mr Cohen but I must admit that is a thought that has been lurking in the back of my mind for most of my life. Look out, here come the anti-Semite police.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice