I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Stupor Bowl

At what point did I lose interest in the Super Bowl? I don't know for sure, but I think that the more I become involved in politics and current events, the less mental "register space" I have left over for fun activities like watching football. I spent far too much time this morning writing a rebuttal to what seemed like a virtual declaration of war on Islam by the Right wing. Frankly, I'm exhausted. The weather is pretty good, and I think I'm just going to putter around the house and then settle down and try to remember how much I used to like watching the big game of the football season. What say we take a little time off from the ideological treadmill and just have a little fun?

I ordered a big pizza last night with meatball, sausage, hot peppers and extra cheese. I only ate about a third of it and I see some spicy snacking goodness in my future for this game. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice