I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Pileated Woodpecker II

Photography is usually a case of being in the right place at the right time. Last Saturday I was in the right place at the right time with the right lens on my camera to get this picture of a cooperative pileated woodpecker. I say cooperative because to get a couple of good pictures I took over 30 in a few minutes. It is unusual for a normally shy pileated to stay in the same place long enough to get 30 shots. So I was in the right place at the right time with the right lens and the right pileated woodpecker.
Be sure and click of the picture for a larger image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice