I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Bush knows Jack

It's a busy night here at Chez' Jazz, with a Valentines day special coming up with my sweetheart, but before I run, a quick note. You remember our Dear Leader telling us how he'd barely heard of Jack Abramoff?

Not so fast there, Skippy.

President Bush met lobbyist Jack Abramoff almost a dozen times over the past five years and invited him to Crawford, Tex., in the summer of 2003, according to an e-mail Abramoff wrote to a reporter last month.

Bush "has one of the best memories of any politicians I have ever met," Abramoff wrote to Kim Eisler of Washingtonian magazine. "The guys saw me in almost a dozen settings, and joked with me about a bunch of things, including details of my kids."

Color us all surprised, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice