I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

AWOL

I have been absent the last couple of days. The picture on the left gives you some idea why. About 10 days ago a contractor for the local telephone company, Verizon, ran some conduit through my front yard for fiber optic cable. About a week later my sewer suddenly backed up. I called a plumber and he got it unblocked but said there was still a problem and said I should call the sewer utility and have them check it out as it appeared the block was near the location where the cable had been installed. My house was constructed in 1968 and the location of the sewer from the house to the street was unknown. They flushed a radio transmitter down the toilet and went out into the yard and located the sewer line with a radio receiver. The digging began and sure enough about 4 and half feet down the line was located with an orange conduit running through it. It will be repaired tomorrow. I will try to get back up to speed today and comment on what's going on as the world comes unglued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice