I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Friday, January 20, 2006

I will not support _____

There are a number of Democrats I will not support for president in 2008. For starters there is Joe Lieberman and Joe Biden. I think John Kerry has already had one chance to blow an election and doesn't deserve another. And then there is Hillary Clinton, I won't support her either. I would tell you why but Molly Ivins does it much better than I could.
AUSTIN, Texas --- I'd like to make it clear to the people who run the Democratic Party that I will not support Hillary Clinton for president.

Enough. Enough triangulation, calculation and equivocation. Enough clever straddling, enough not offending anyone This is not a Dick Morris election. Sen. Clinton is apparently incapable of taking a clear stand on the war in Iraq, and that alone is enough to disqualify her. Her failure to speak out on Terri Schiavo, not to mention that gross pandering on flag-burning, are just contemptible little dodges.
I think that much of that would also apply to Joe Biden and John Kerry as well. Of course Lieberman is a neocon and what progressive could ever support a neocon. So if you want my vote Democrats you are going to have to do a lot better than Hillary et. al.

Molly has a lot more so go read the entire thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice