I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Confirm Alito

I agree with Jazz that barring some skeleton jumping out of the closet Alito should be confirmed. I think the guy is probably bad news but anyone we get from Bush will be bad news. That doesn't mean the Democrats and the few responsible non Bush cultist Republicans shouldn't ask a lot of questions. The big issue I think is not Roe V Wade but his opinion on presidential powers. Jazz is absolutely right, we are not going to get anyone better and the filibuster will get really old really fast. So read Jazz's post below and read the excellent comments. I'm sorry folks but we knew this was going to happen when we lost in November of 2004.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice