I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

After 9/11

A few days ago I suggested that 9/11 did indeed change everything but that perhaps it shouldn't have. Jack Grant has a must read post today, Fear, necessity, freedom, despair, and hope. Please go read the entire thing but I'll give you a snippet.
September 11, 2001 did not change the world, it merely changed our view of the world.

Some reacted with fear that was far out of proportion to the event.

Unfortunately, they continue to overreact.

Far too many are saying, “I have nothing to fear from government intrusion in my life if I am doing nothing wrong.”

Far too many have no conception of the foundations of our Constitution, of the very reasons for the rebellion against the legitimate government that Great Britain held over the American Colonies in the 18th Century.
The events of 9/11 did indeed change everything but not out of necessity but only because it suited the purposes of those in power. If we forget the constitution and the very foundations this country was built on Osama bin Laden has won.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice