I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Oh Canada!

It seems that the White House doesn't like it when Canada criticizes us for things like starting wars in other countries and refusing to join in global efforts to combat environmental problems. The Canadian response? Too damned bad.

The United States made an unprecedented foray into Canada's election campaign on Tuesday, warning politicians not to bash Washington in their bid to win the January 23 election.

But an unapologetic Liberal Prime Minister Paul Martin responded immediately by saying "c'est la vie" -- that's life -- if the United States did not like his remarks, and he would not accept anyone telling him he cannot defend his country.

In a hard-hitting speech in Ottawa, U.S. Ambassador David Wilkins lamented what he called relentless and incessant criticism of his country, which he speculated might begin to sow doubt about the strength of the binational relationship.

Things aren't working out so well against Iraq, Iran, Syria or N. Korea, and Venzuala is thumbing their noses at Bush. I suppose the next logical war is Canada. At least we'll save on gas.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:53 AM

    I definitely don't have all the answers, but I know that as long as people keep sharing ideas like this, the truth will eventually make a difference somewhere and hopefully make the world a better place to live in. I've been looking for Canada immigration forms info and news - I know, call me a freak, but there's just something about Canada immigration forms that gets me thinking of my future prospects in Canada.

    Your post about ##TITLE## was a good read compared to a lot of the other stuff that's out there! Keep up the good work, I will definitely swing by again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Be Nice