I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Good Bye Gray Lady

I am once again removing The New York Times from the MEJ Media Blogroll. The purpose of the press in a democracy is to be on the lookout for inappropriate government actions. Jazz reports below on what is just the latest example of how the Times has failed to do it's job.
This is not about ideology it is about trustworthiness and doing the job the media is required to do. I don't expect anything from Rupert Murdoch's outlets, in spite of the "fair and balanced" line they make no real attempt to pretend they are anything but propaganda organs. I do expect more from what is historically the "paper of record" in this country.

Update
Jazz has done the same over at Running Scared

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice