I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

In an oft-repeated message

After listening to Bush's speech this morning I was called away to take care of some issues in the real world. My initial impression was there was nothing new and not any serious attempt to make it sound new. I'm not sure why, but this was a bit of a surprise. Still no plan, only "stay the course". The same discredited claim that Iraq is central in the war on terror. The same discredited claim that the Iraqi Army is making progress and the same trite drivel about freedom and democracy, neither one of which the administration gives a rats ass about.

After returning home I checked the MSM and the blogs I found that my initial impressions were correct. I read the Washington Post article, Bush Releases Detailed Strategy Plan, and found that in spite of the title Bush offered no details or strategy. The most accurate phrase in the article is "In an oft-repeated message.....". There was nothing here that will change the minds of rapidly growing majority who think it's time to go home and if they are honest with themselves even the pro-war types will be disappointed. Stay the course is still not a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice