I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Hats off to Powerline

I never thought I'd see the day, but I would like to take this opportunity to praise at least one of the authors at Powerline. (Try not to faint from shock.) Following the announcement that Duke Cunningham immediately quit his position in the House of Representatives when he plead guilty to taking more than 2.4 million dollars in bribes to pass contracts to his friends, I was curious how the right wing blogs would react. In the past, they seem to have taken a tactic of assuming that every Republican who is under investigation for various crimes and ethics investigations was "a target" for partisan, left wing attack dogs.

This time was different, however. Powerline has actually put up an entry called "The disgrace of Randy Cunningham" which doesn't sugarcoat the magnitude of this man's corrupt activities. Good for them. Of course, it took a GOP congressional critter actually confessing in court to the crimes to make this happen, but I still take it as a hopeful sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice