I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Judith Miller Jailed

New York Times Reporter Is Jailed for Keeping Source Secret
WASHINGTON, July 6 - A federal judge today ordered Judith Miller of The New York Times to be jailed immediately after she again refused to cooperate with a grand jury investigating the disclosure of the identity of a covert C.I.A. operative.
As I stated a few days ago I am a supporter of press freedom and have always been in favor reporters being able to keep their sources confidential. The case of Judith Miller is different however. I will use the words of the Executive Editor of The New York Times, Bill Keller, to make my point.
"I think that anybody who believes that the government and other powerful institutions should be closely and aggressively watched should feel a chill up their spine today," he said.
I do believe that "the government and other powerful institutions should be closely and aggressively watched" but in the case of Judith Miller her defiance was covering for the very people who should be watched. She is covering for a person in government who committed a traitorous act against this country. She is not a journalist--a reporter, but a political hack masquerading as one.

Update
It gets more interesting all the time. Steve Soto has a piece where he suggests that Bolton is involved in the Plame story. Did you notice how you haven't heard much about Bolton for a few days. Should Judy be going to jail for treason?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice